Thursday, April 26, 2007

Call me Robby!

For those of you who know Herman Melville's classic work, the novel Moby Dick begins with the lead character introducing himself as Ishmael.

I am no Melville nor am I Ishmael, but I am Robert from the Inland Empire of California. I cannot see the Hollywood sign from my house nor is the beach closeby, but I get enough sun if that makes any difference. I am beginning this new blog as an online companion to what I hope will be a successful writing career.

It seems these days blogs and online writing has become such a staple of modern life. Who am I to oppose civilizations onward progress then? I happily surrender. But I add my own voice for whatever it is worth.

I am writing my first novel. I am often asked by people "what is it about" or "When can I read it?" Okay I cannot easily describe the book without going into a lengthy description because I am trying to write soemthing that goes beyond an easy story. I think my plot is basic. But I am trying to make real characters, people that most people can relate to and see and understand their problems and struggles. Hopefully this works out on this, my very first major composition. As to when it is done, I hope to have the shell of it done this summer with the final editing done by Christmas.

But for my friends and the reader of this blog, I will from time to time add a segments for some reading. Comments are welcome but please as long as no one gets mad at anyone. Thank you for reading!

1 Comments:

At June 1, 2007 at 11:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey robby! just passing by and wishing you good luck with your novel ;) keep us updated!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home